Brunetti Oro is seeking passionate and dedicated Pastry Chef’s, Commis Chef Pastry, Chef de Partie and Kitchen Assistant who have a ''hands on'' approach, to join our highly dedicated and skilled team.
A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role is required for the Chef de Partie position and Commis Chef position as is a formal qualification in pastry and experience working within a pastry/cakes production kitchen environment.
The Kitchen Assistant is responsible for measuring raw materials and recipes and assisting pastry chefs on a daily basis with preparation tasks
The right candidates will demonstrate product knowledge as well as culinary function with special emphasis on consistency, quality, presentation, and authenticity.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrating knowledge and confidence in production of various pastries, danishes, croissants, focaccia bread, cakes, novelties filling, wedding cakes, Italian pastries.
- Demonstrating the necessary skills to finish and decorate cakes using various techniques like hand masking, glazing, spraying, novelties, and wedding cakes as required.
- Providing functional assistance in the production team demonstrating superior standards of preparation, production and finishing within your specialized field
- Implementing superior standards of preparation and production within the department demonstrating and utilizing your pastry skills, experience and knowledge gained from previous roles and qualifications
- Contribute to the fulfillment of production schedules and targets, ensuring all products are prepared to the Brunetti Oro standard, demonstrating organizational skills and superior attention to detail
- Building and maintain productive working relationships with team members and foster a respectful, productive and collegial working environment and culture
- Adopting a ‘hand’s on' approach to work, leading by example and demonstrating initiative and ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Collaborating with the team to innovate and develop new products and menu offerings
- Demonstrate control in food preparation and managing wastage levels
- Demonstrating strong knowledge of HACCP and legislative food safety standards
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your knowledge, experience and career at one of Melbourne’s most renowned and iconic hospitality institutions using traditional Italian techniques to deliver all aspects of authentic Italian desserts while earning a competitive salary.
If you are a permanent resident or have appropriate working rights in Australia, have the experience required we would love to hear from you.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a Melbourne icon.
Brunetti Oro 1956 - The evolution of an Italian tradition